So I’ve posted other blogs about what women want men to know, written by others & other types of blogs but I’ve never written one myself. There are things men should know when they are dating a woman, a woman like me who is an overthinker. This is not a one size fits all post, lets get that straight now, however, I’m sure this is pretty relevant for some of my readers… Especially the overthinking ones!
A friend once said to me that I have high expectations & it made me think. Yeah I do, I follow though, if I tell someone I am going to be there at 5:00 pm, then I am there at 5:00 pm. So I expect the same from them, you know 10 minutes late for me is considered extremely rude. So I am on the fucking dot. I’m that annoying friend, I know! Hahaha. If I say that I am going to text someone, then I text them – I don’t say I will if I won’t. I might intend on texting someone & forget, but I haven’t set up that expectation that I will prior – if that make sense. Does that mean my expectations are too high because I expect the same thing in return? I don’t think so, but my friend does.
I know I obsess & I twist words to suit myself sometimes, (or all the time hahaha) you just have to read this blog to know that’s what I do, I am aware that I do it & I try to think rationally a lot more now that I used too, but I’m sure I’m not alone here… I am a true overthinker with major self esteem issues – who has also been very recently diagnosed with anxiety. (So even the thought of the Cocktails with #IBD4U that is coming up in January 2020 – check out my Facebook invite – is stressing me out – even though I want to meet you all so badly, I am worried!)
People reading my blog contact me all the time saying they feel like they could’ve written some of my blogs, so I’m assuming it’s because people are similar to me & I’m not alone in this. I over think, I obsess, I twist words to suit me & I get angry when things don’t go my way. I don’t mean too, I just do… I’ve been single a long time. It’s annoying when things don’t go my way.
So I’ve been thinking about what I want men to know about me, or about the type of person I am…. I have been drafting this list for a while, I have a lot more male readers than I ever thought I would have, so here are some things that I want men to know. Well mainly here is a list for any future guy that I may date…
- Be honest, if you want a hook up, then just say it. Don’t tell me you want a relationship when you really just want to get your dick wet.
- If you say you’re going to text or see me. Then do it!
- Make plans – don’t make me wait. If you want to see me again, ask me.
- If you don’t, then tell me, so I am not waiting around like a loser.
- Be chivalrous, offer to pay sometimes, pull out the chair & open the door.
- If you don’t have time to reply to my message, then I’d prefer if you didn’t read it. Just wait till you have time to read & reply. I hate when my message is read but not responded too.
- Don’t be late…
- If you are late, text your ETA prior to the original time
- Don’t play with your phone when on a date, unless you’re using it to show me something. Same goes for your smart watch.
- A lot of effort goes into getting ready prior to a date (even if it’s just Netflix & chill!) – Shaving, waxing, shaping, straightening, exfoliating, changing sheets etc (things men obviously don’t think about), so bailing last minute is beyond rude.
- If you do have to bail last minute, then apologise & set up the next time to catch up.
- Don’t ghost. Ever. Be a decent human being & tell the person that you’re no longer interested!
- If you like me, tell me. I am dumb when it comes to feelings, I don’t know.
- Start out as you intend to go on. If you text me daily, I expect a text daily, don’t let it dwindle off as you lose interest or get me where you want me. We don’t have to text all day, but at least a good morning or good night message would remind me that you are thinking of me.
- I am affectionate but I struggle with showing it first. Please help me out by making the first move.
- Don’t say you’re busy or been busy as an excuse. It’s SO offensive. I am busy too, but you can’t be that fucking busy you can’t reply to my message in a 24 hour period.
- Flirt but don’t be a creep about it.
- Don’t send me a picture of your cock. If I want to see it, I will see it in real life.
I’m sure there are more things to add to this list – Which I know makes me seem high maintenance, however, I’m really not… All you need to really do, is text me back & not be a hoe! Hahaha.