Some of this is hard to read because it’s so true for me… I think we sometimes like to ignore the reality for the fantasy, I am so guilty of it.
Honest, Unfiltered Advice
This will be a constant work-in-progress: read through these when you have problem or aren’t sure what to do.
I’m being blunt for a reason. Some days, even I get tired of being a “Dear Abby” for my nearest and dearest.
So here they are- some pearls of wisdom from the she-wolf herself:
- if you have to ask if you should leave; you already know the answer. You don’t need someone else to validate you. It’s your damn life.
- If things haven’t changed by now, they won’t. Ever.
- If you want to put up with the same shit day in, day out, then why are we even having this conversation?!
- No-one is coming to save you, so stop being such a sook and get your shit together.
- A man won’t fix your problems. Stop waiting for a knight in shining armour, because they’re all fucking retards wrapped in tin foil.
- A vibrator might not take out the trash or hug you, but it won’t cheat, lie or ruin your life either.
- If you don’t even respect/love/want/ care for yourself, you shouldn’t expect anyone else to, either.
- It’s ok to just cut people off without saying goodbye.
- If you have to seek validation from other men by way of things like lingerie selfies/ videos, because your man isn’t appreciating you as much as you’d like, then you really need to ask yourself if you should be marrying him.
- There’s a difference between being alone and being lonely.
- The grass may look greener in the other side, but it’s likely going to be fertilised with the same shit.
- If he cheated with you, he will cheat on you
- Don’t listen to your heart, because your heart is a fucking idiot. Listen to your brain and your gut. They have more sense.
Here is the link to this blog: https://wordpress.com/read/blogs/155174584/posts/246
I’ve said it before that you need to love yourself before anyone can love you, something I’m still working on!
4 thoughts on “Guest Blogger: Honest, Unfiltered Advice”
I’m sorry IBD4U but I think this list is sensationalist bollocks. Let’s not forget we are all human, here. Let’s not overgeneralise or simplify just because we’re feeling hurt, jaded or just plain gutted. Sometimes life really does stink, but that doesn’t mean things will never get better.
Posts like this just reaffirm and reinforce negativity and a man/woman-hating attitude. It might be fun to diss the opposite sex, but it’s not positive or healthy. It’s also pretty immature.
Instead I recommend Esther Perel who offers mature, kind and wise advice for people in relationships, regardless of gender. Actually there are plenty of people around who offer good advice, but usually they don’t do it for free or with a grudge to bear, as so many keyboard warriors do.
On a side note, I personally don’t think it is ever OK (barring violence) to cut people off without a word – assuming what is meant here is ‘significant people’ in your life or at least people you have been intimate with. See my post on relationship accountability. https://unleashingthecougar.com/2018/12/23/relationship-accountability/ If you didn’t pick it up already, I disagree vehemently with this post! 🙂
But the writer is welcome to her own opinions, of course.
Definitely everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I have read your post that you provided the link too & also liked it.
I’d be happy to share it as my next guest blogger for a different perspective…
I just felt like a few of those hit home for me (not the cutting off people without saying goodbye – you will eventually read why I disagree with that one when I get to posting that story!)
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’m still thinking about your request, but feel free to re-blog with an intro from you if you like 🙂
Yeah you didn’t have to write anything special for me, happy to reblog your existing posts!
Just want to share other people’s thoughts & stories that are different to mine.