I refuse to believe that there is nothing to do in my little “country” city of Adelaide. With approx 1.3 million people living in this city, I am in disbelief that pretty much all my dates I been on, have been:
- A drink at a pub
- A coffee date
- Dinner & a movie
- Netflix & chill
I think this is lame as fuck for Adelaide & me. Surely there is more to do, something fun, something exciting that also shows my fun side. Remember my friend telling me to show my fun side way back in the first blog Pilot?!
This blog came about because I dated a guy who’s favourtie thing was playing mini golf – it was even on his profile when we met, so one night I booked us in for a game of mini golf at Holey Moley, where we ended up playing both courses. Because of his reaction about how excited he was to go before we got there & afterwards him telling me how much fun he had, talking about it days later, that we should do more fun stuff, that I started to think, what the fuck is there to do in Adelaide?
When I posed this question to myself, I was spending the next day driving to Port Pirie with a colleague so I said to her that we need to think of “fun dates” in Adelaide. So this list isn’t just complied solely by me, she had a few ideas & was also able to google as I drove but of course the blog is written by me.
Our list included all the usual things listed above, mainly revolving around food, but when I explained it was for an out of towner, who is a fussy eater (no cheese) who’s on a strict diet so doesn’t drink a lot of alcohol, but is adventurous, that we need to come up with fun things, not just dinner or drinks. However we are also restricted to a weeknight date! WOW, this sounds really hard! I wanted fun ideas like the mini golf & so this is what we came up with!
I’ll write a brief explanation for you too – so you can find it in your state if it’s not called the same thing where you are.
- Holey Moley – Indoor mini golf. (https://www.holeymoley.com.au/)
- Intensity – Arcade video games, air hockey, car racing simulators etc. (https://intencity.com.au/
- Bowling – 10 pin bowling in gross shoes.
- Winery Tasting – Find a winery with food & make a day of it, I love a sunny winters day & some wine tasting. Even do a brewery tour if wine isn’t your thing.
- Adventure Rooms – Aka Escape rooms, using clues to get out of the locked room. (https://adventurerooms.com.au/)
- Ice Skating – Find an outdoor rink, usually pop ups in Glenelg or the city.
- Aquatic Centre – I thought this was weird (mainly cos I was worried about them seeing me in bathers, when my colleague said that she assumes he’s already seen me naked & this is something fun she does with her partner sometimes for a swim, sauna or spa.
- Sporting Event – Football, motor sport, cricket or tennis. Amateur or professional, just get amongst the atmosphere.
- Beach House – Used to be Magic Mountain, the waterslides, dodgem cars, mini golf, arcade games. (https://thebeachouse.com.au/)
- Laser Tag – I did it for the first time a little while ago with work people, so was so much fun, in a group, not sure how it’d go on a date with only 2 of you.
- Tree Climb – Adelaide has a tree climb which I’ve done with my gym friends, it was so much fun. (https://treeclimb.com.au/)
- Bounce – Trampoline arena, pretty much a warehouse full of trampolines. (https://www.bounceinc.com.au/)
- La Sing – A karaoke bar in the city, but probably any would be fun. (http://lasing.com.au/)
- 8 Ball – I have a pool table in my lounge room, that we all know too well… I have sex on it more than I play pool on it. So, going out to play pool might be a better idea!
- Trivia Night – Often at pubs, go join in with randoms or make your own team.
- Mega Adventure – A giant obstacle course, must not be scared of heights. (https://megaadventure.com.au/)
- Comedy Show – I’ve seen a comedian target a couple on a first date or a couple very early in their relationship, so be careful about where you sit. (https://www.adelaidecomedy.com/)
- Paint ball – I’ve never played but think this could be fun too, even inflict a bit of pain!
- Go Cart Racing – Careful with this as guys can get a bit too competitive.
- Latitude – It has everything, indoor rock climbing, trampolines & am obstacle course thing. (https://latitudeair.com/)
- Lawn Bowls – I’ve done this is big groups, but I’m sure you can do it in smaller groups too.
- Concerts – Any concert will do.
- Mount Lofty Hike – Any hike would be fun, even a beach walk would suffice.
- Moonlight Cinema – cinema in summer in the park. Take wine & cheese for a fun mosquito bitten night.
- Kayaking – You can hire kayaks so you don’t need to own them, but it’s something I love, however not been a good idea for a first date!
- Garden of Unearthly delights – When the fringe is on, it’s an amazing place for food, drinks & a random show.
- Day trip – Hahndorf, Victor Harbor, Whispering Wall or Gumeracha
So I think we did pretty well with the list. I never want to be a boring girlfriend & I think that this will help that along the way. Some of these things are very adventurous & I guess you might need a relatively higher level of fitness & possibly trust that the guy you’re dating isn’t just going to race ahead & not help you if you get stuck on an obstacle. Hahaha. However this also could be a good way to tell if they’re a keeper or not.
Have you got any other ideas?